2. Types of Information Collected and Uses of Collected Information – We collect two types of information about our Website Users: Personally, Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
Personally Identifiable Information: Personally Identifiable Information is information that identifies a specific End User. When you engage in certain activities on the Website, such as creating an account, ordering a product or service from us, submitting content and/or posting content in discussion forums, filling out a survey, posting a review, requesting information about our services, applying for a job (collectively, “Identification Activities”), we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself. It is optional for you to engage in an Identification Activity. If you elect to engage in an Identification Activity, however, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information about yourself, such as your first and last name, your photograph, mailing address (including PIN code), email address, telephone number, date of birth, age and name of your kid(s). When you order products, we may also ask you to provide us with your credit card number, expiration date and authentication codes or related information. Depending on the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some is identified as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory information for a particular activity that requires it, you will not be permitted to engage in that activity.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: Non-Personally Identifiable Information is information that does not identify a specific End User. This type of information may include things like the Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) of the website you visited before coming to our Website, the URL of the website you visit after leaving our Website, the type of browser you are using and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
We use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to troubleshoot, administer the Website, analyze trends, gather demographic information, comply with applicable law, and cooperate with law enforcement activities.
3. Release of Personally Identifiable Information – We will not sell, trade, rent or share your Personally Identifiable Information with other parties. except as provided below: We may share your information with Authorized Third Party Service Providers. We provide some of our services and products through third parties. These “Third Party Service Providers” perform functions on our behalf, like sending out and distributing our administrative and promotional emails. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with such Service Providers to deliver packages, send email, provide marketing assistance, provide search results and links, process credit card payments, operate the Website, troubleshoot, and provide customer service.
4. Release of Non-Personally Identifiable Information – We may disclose or share Non-Personally Identifiable Information with Partners, Affiliates and Advertisers. We may share aggregated demographic information (which does not include any Personally Identifiable Information) with “Third Party Advertisers” or “Third Party Advertising Companies”.
We also use Third Party Service Providers to track and analyze Non-Personally Identifiable usage and volume statistical information from our Users to administer our Website and constantly improve its quality. We may also publish this information for promotional purposes or as a representative audience for Advertisers. Please note that this is not Personally Identifiable Information, only general summaries of the activities of our Users. Such data is collected on our behalf, and is owned and used by us.
5. Updating Information – You will have the ability to access and edit the Personally Identifiable Information you provide us. You may change any of your Personally Identifiable Information by accessing through your login and password. We would request you to promptly update your Personally Identifiable Information if it changes.
Other Tracking Devices. We may use other industry standard technologies like pixel tags and web beacons to track your use of our Website pages and promotions, or we may allow our Third Party Service Providers to use these devices on our behalf. Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on certain pages on our Website, or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages or open or click an email, pixel tags and web beacons generate a Non-Personally Identifiable notice of that action. Pixel tags allow us to measure and improve our understanding of visitor traffic and behaviour on our Website, as well as give us a way to measure our promotions and performance. We may also utilize pixel tags and web beacons provided by our Affiliates and/or Marketing Partners for the same purposes.
7. Security of Information – We take appropriate precautions to protect the security of Personally Identifiable Information. We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. You can access your Personally Identifiable Information on our Website through your login and password. We recommend that you do not share your password with anyone. In addition, your Personally Identifiable Information resides on a secure server that only selected personnel and contractors have access to.
Buyer’s Choice strives to ensure the security of Your Personal Information and to protect Your Personal Information against unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction. We encrypt certain sensitive information using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure that your Personally Identifiable Information is safe as it is transmitted to us.
Buyer’s Choice shall adopt reasonable security practices and procedures as mandated under applicable laws for the protection of Your Information. Provided that Your right to claim damages shall be limited to the right to claim only statutory damages under Information and Communication Technology Act, 2006 and You hereby waive and release Buyer’s Choice from any claim of damages under contract or under tort.
If you choose a payment gateway to complete any transaction on Website then Your credit card data may be stored in compliance with industry standards/ recommended data security standard for security of financial information such as the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
We may share your Information with third parties under a confidentiality agreement which inter alia provides for that such third parties not disclosing the Information further unless such disclosure is for the Purpose. However, Buyer’s Choice is not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive Your Personal Information. Buyer’s Choice is not liable for any loss or injury caused to You as a result of You providing Your Personal Information to third party (including any third party websites, even if links to such third party websites are provided on the Website).
However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us, so you do so at your own risk.
11. Miscellaneous Privacy Issues – Children. Minors under the age of 18 are not supposed to use the Website. We do not collect or maintain information from anyone known to be under the age of 18, and no part of the Website is designed to attract anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18 and still want to buy an product, you may use Buyer’s Choice only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Public Areas. We may provide areas on our Website where you can publicly post information about yourself, can communicate with others, or can review products. This information may be accessible by other consumers and companies and may appear on other websites or web searches, and therefore this information could be read, collected, and used by others.
12. OPT-OUT of further usage of PERSONAL INFORMATION – If you are no longer interested in receiving e-mail announcements and other marketing information from us, or you want us to remove any PII that we have collected about you, please e-mail your request to [email protected]
13. OPT-OUT of NPII advertising – If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this anonymous information used by our third party service provider, please click http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. You can also read more about online marketing practices and the technologies that support them by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative’s website by clicking http://www.networkadvertising.org/